Thursday, December 17, 2015

SWINGING CARDINAL CHRISTMAS CARD

I've been a bit slack lately when it comes to posting new projects, and that's partly because I have been working on some Christmas gifts and also because I've been trying to learn to use a new camera.  Just yesterday, I took what would have been pretty good pictures, but I didn't have the card in the camera (argh!!!!) and didn't want to figure out how to connect the camera to the computer.  I do, however, have something to share today.  While the Silhouette Design Store had a 50% off sale, I purchased a lot of images/cut files, including this lovely dimensional card.  It's comprised of three layers (they cut like a dream) that are supposed to be attached with adhesive foam.  While the card definitely looks amazing when assembled with all of that dimension, I discovered that it looks quite striking without it.  
I brushed the cut snowflakes and the tops of the snowy ground layers with a Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush.  A brush of glitter instantly adds a little wow, you know?  I almost need a truckload of those glitter brushes because I want to use them on nearly everything--they're THAT awesome!  They don't disturb or muddy a watercolored image, are fast-drying, and the glimmery glitterness does not come off.  If you ask me, I think the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush is one of the BEST products ever on the paper-crafting scene.  You can even purchase your own truckload of them from me once Stampin' Up!'s Occasions catalog goes live on January 5th, and I do recommend that you treat yourself to at least more than one.
 
WANT A SWINGING CARDINAL CARD?
I made more of these cards than I need and have 3 extras.  Sooooooo . . . the first three people who place an online order through my Stampin' Up! web site (click HERE) will receive one of these cards in the mail.  The inside of each card has a stamped greeting from the Flurry of Wishes stamp set, "Sending you a flurry of warm Christmas wishes".


No comments: