Tuesday, January 10, 2017

A VERY SPECIAL MEMORY PILLOW

A couple of weeks ago, as I began purging some cabinets, drawers, baskets, etc. in my stamp room, I came across an old card that I had received from my mamaw S.  Most of the cards that I have from her (at least the ones that aren't tucked away somewhere else in the house) don't have a nice long note written in them, but this particular card did.  She was thanking Chadrick and I for a recent visit and for the gifts that we had brought to her.  I don't remember now what those gifts were or how many years ago the card was received, but I thought that a particular part of her handwritten note would be so perfect on display in my stamp room--and in her original handwriting.  This is the portion of her note that seemed so fitting:
 
 
And so I started thinking about how I could use this treasure to create another treasure to display.  I thought about trying to trace the image with Silhouette Studio, cut vinyl, and adhere it to glass or fabric, but vinyl can sometimes be tricky--especially when it involves words.  I decided to give my brain a rest and see what other ideas I could find on Pinterest.  That's how I ended up on Etsy (Sunshine & Happy Shop) . . . and received this lovely pillow today:
 
 
A treasure, indeed, huh?  



1 comment:

Debbie said...

How wonderful is that! I have some letters from my grandmother written to me after we moved from MI to NC and also my dad's sage stuffing recipe handwritten, saved even if I never make it again!