Monday, August 14, 2017

ALWAYS BE A MERMAID

I had the house all to myself this morning and decided to finally see what I could do with Chalk Couture's Always Be A Mermaid transfer.  In case you don't know, the Chalk Transfers come in a variety of sizes and are similar to working with thin craft vinyl with adhesive.  The images/shapes are silkscreened, and the silkscreen helps keep the Chalk Paste from going under the transfer.  Having that fine screen (of sorts) also means that less paste is needed to transfer the image/shape.  Always Be A Mermaid is a really pretty transfer, one that I have been anxious to use, but it's also a large one.  This is what I created with it:
 
 
My project wasn't without a couple of mistakes but, overall, I think it turned out great!  Aren't those bubbles a perfect addition?  They are from the Under The Sea transfer.  I would have linked to that transfer, but it must be out of stock at the moment.  Whenever a product is out of stock, it gets removed from the web site.  The Chalkology Paste colors that I used are as follows:
Moss
Red
Orange
Red Orange
Thai Teal
School Bus Yellow
Charcoal Gray
Mint
Tiffany
White
Sand
 
I am really loving Chalk Couture's products!  Each time I open a jar of paste, I have the best time!  It's incredibly easy to use and, best of all, the product dries very quickly and cleans up EASILY!  The Chalk Transfers are re-useable, and they can be used with the paste on all types of surfaces besides chalkboards . . . walls, mirrors, windows, wood, metal, etc.  My mermaid project is on foam board!  Let me know if you would like more information about this new company and the FANTASTIC products they offer.

No comments: