Tuesday, October 3, 2017

ADORABLE PILLOW DECOR

I recently had an idea that I wanted to try, but it wasn't something that I could do (on my own) from start to finish because it involved sewing.  I shared the idea with my mother and, being her sweet, sweet, sweet self, she purchased the perfect fabric for my pillow project.  I had given her a long list of suggested pillow sizes and, not much later, she handed me a little stack of what looked like plain fabric bags--closed on three sides, open on one side.  I loved having a variety of sizes to work with, so I got busy!  From Chalk Couture, I chose the Farm House Chalk Transfer which has lots of fun images.  After playing around with which images fit the fabric, I chose to work with the following colors of Chalkology Paste:  White, Brownie, Charcoal, and Red.  This past Sunday, I stuffed the pillows, and my mother sewed up the unfinished side.  All that was needed was a decorative holder, which I purchased yesterday.  I love that it coordinates nicely with the Charcoal color on all of the pillows:
 
 
In case you're wondering, I chose to not mix fabric medium with my paste since these pillows are on the smaller side and the stuffing can't be removed for washing.  I'll just have to spot-clean them, although I hope they just won't get dirty.  ;-)
 
Please visit my Décor Creations with Regina Facebook page for more information, videos, and other project ideas.  Don't forget to "Like" and "Follow" my page, please.  ;-)
 
 


No comments: